Sapio Sciences Announces Exemplar LIMS v3.0.0, Extending its Flexibility and Functional Leadership
Sapio Sciences is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Exemplar LIMS v3.0.0. This release extends Exemplar LIMS leadership position as the most flexible and cost effective solution in the LIMS application space. Key additions in this release include:
- The Data Type Designer enabling unlimited data management capabilities with zero programming
- Introduction of automatic form\list view combinations
- Enhancements to Sapio Synergy to support sharing application definitions between LIMS customers
- XML export\import of complete or partial hierarchies of data
- Significant visual and usability improvements to the user interface
- Availability of complete Affy 6.0 and Illumina Genome Analyzer Best Practice Workflows
- Complete web based deployment and web based Application Programming Interface
"This 3.0 release represents a landmark shift for Sapio and Exemplar LIMS. The introduction of the Data Type Designer in combination with the existing configuration capabilities puts Exemplar into a new class of general data management applications. We believe that for the first time in any application space, you can now build essentially any type of data management application with zero programming and with extremely robust built in features. Furthermore, workflows and business processes utilizing the data can be built with no programming. What is notable is that even with this extensive ability to configure the product; ease of use has not only been preserved, but also strengthened with the 3.0 release. So Exemplar LIMS is now more than a LIMS, in that it can be a Clinical Trial Management System, an enterprise data integration platform, or virtually any other type of data management application that can be conceived," says Kevin Cramer, VP of Sales and Marketing at Sapio.
Kevin continues, "Exemplar LIMS has always had what we believe is the easiest data entry and export capabilities. Now with 3.0, users can easily import or export a hierarchy of data to or from the LIMS. This enables data sharing between sites and applications. Furthermore, in recognition of Illumina's strong market position in sequencing, we worked with Illumina Genome Analyzer subject matter experts to build out the full GA protocols from sample preparation to cluster generation and scanning, and we make these freely available to our customers. ."